The Commission is inviting all interested parties, in particular cloud developers and cloud users, to explain their experience, needs, expectations and insights into the use and provision of cloud computing. The survey seeks feedback on the following issues:
- data protection and liability questions, in particular in cross-border situations;
- other legal and technical barriers that can slow down the development of cloud computing in Europe;
- standardisation and interoperability solutions;
- uptake of cloud services, in particular by SMEs;
- ways to promote research and innovation in cloud computing.
The online public consultation will run until the August 31st and the results will feed into a European cloud computing strategy that the Commission will present in 2012.
Access to the public consultation